ANNUAL GILMORE WALKATHON – October 18, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
On Thursday, October 18, 2018, our school will be holding a Walkathon to raise funds for educational resources and programming. Our school goal this year is to raise at least $15,000. All students will walk up to five kilometres around the Heights Neighbourhood. Classes will walk together with their teachers. Our expectation is that every child participates in this school-wide event, whether or not they have any sponsors. To further generate school spirit, parents are encouraged to join us for the walk!
Instructions to students and parents:
- Students are being asked to collect sponsorships (payment) prior to the Walkathon.
- The School District will issue tax receipts for sponsorship amounts of $20 or more (if requested). For accuracy and to receive an immediate tax receipt, it is highly recommended to use School Cash Online for sponsorship donations of $20 or more. Sponsorship donations made through School Cash Online are open to all members of the public and do not require registration.
- All cheques should be made payable to “Gilmore Community School”.
- All Sponsor Envelopes must be returned to the school between October 12th and 17th (even if they are empty). Please ensure that all sponsorships are recorded on the Sponsor Envelope (including those made using School Cash Online).
- This event will take place rain or shine, so please make sure your child is dressed appropriately.
- Please provide a water bottle for your child.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear their Grizzly Gear or blue/grey/white clothing.
- Students will receive a ballot in the Prize Draw for every $20 raised (stay tuned to hear about the great prizes this year!)
- The class that has raised the most money in each division (primary and intermediate) will win a celebration pizza party.
- The fundraising progress of each class will be displayed on the “Walkathon Wall” outside the library.
Thank you in advance for your support.
The Burnaby School District invites parents and students from the Brentwood North school zone to attend an info session about SOGI (sexual orientation and gender identity) education in Burnaby Schools.
- Review Burnaby School District’s Policy 5.45 (SOGI Policy)
- Learn about SOGI education from K-12
- Meet the District’s SOGI Leads & learn about their roles
- Hear about SOGI success stories in Burnaby
Brentwood-North Zone Schools
Elementary: Aubrey, Brentwood Park, Confederation Park, Capitol Hill, Gilmore, Kitchener, Lochdale, Montecito, Parkcrest, Rosser, Sperling, Westridge
Secondary: Alpha, Burnaby North
Date: Wednesday, October 24, 2018, 7:00-8:30pm
Location: Alpha Secondary School (Learning Commons)
Please register here to secure your attendance. We look forward to seeing you there!
On behalf of Ms. Longeau and Division 2, we would like to express our gratitude to the Gilmore Community for helping us raise $1730.60 for the Terry Fox Foundation this year. Thank you as well to all the parent volunteers who helped make the run such a great success this year. This money will go a long way in helping to keep Terry’s dream alive. Thank you for your support!
Order your copy between October 9 – November 30, 2018 for the EARLY-BIRD SPECIAL PRICE OF ONLY $25 ($5 SAVINGS)
Regular price of $30 will apply to any orders placed between February 1 – March 1, 2019 All orders will be made through School Cash Online Only
These professionally produced yearbooks are the works of parent volunteers and parent/staff alike. Feel free to stop by the Community Office to see samples of previous yearbooks.
We are once again asking parents and staff to share their memorable photos of Gilmore students. We have received this year’s web link for parents and staff who wish to share their photos with the yearbook committee: http://www.hjeshare.com/eShare/?code=Gilmore2019 This link is for uploading photos from computers. For those who wish to upload their photos directly from their smart phones, simply go to the mobile App Store and search for hj eshare app, herff jones, or eshare. Install the hj eshare app. Once installed, the app will ask for a School Code. The code is Gilmore2019. Instructions on using the mobile app can be found here.
We ask that parents please submit photos containing more than one subject. Please ensure that photos taken are on school grounds or on class field trips only. Please do not include children who do not attend Gilmore Community School. Photo submission will go through a selection process by the committee. Thanks for your assistance!
Burnaby Schools offer a variety of programs to support the needs of all learners, including the following advanced learning options to consider for next fall:
Multi-Age Cluster Classrooms (MACC)
For highly able students entering grades 4-7, this program is offered at Capitol Hill Elementary & Suncrest Elementary. LEARN MORE: Tuesday, October 9 at 7-8pm, Burnaby Central Secondary (Room #206)
Mini-School for Highly Able Learners (BETA)
For grade 8 students seeking greater challenges, this program is offered at Alpha Secondary. LEARN MORE: Tuesday, October 16 at 7-8pm, Burnaby Central Secondary (Room #206)