ANNUAL GILMORE WALKATHON – October 18, 2018 – 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
On Thursday, October 18, 2018, our school will be holding a Walkathon to raise funds for educational resources and programming. Our school goal this year is to raise at least $15,000. All students will walk up to five kilometres around the Heights Neighbourhood. Classes will walk together with their teachers. Our expectation is that every child participates in this school-wide event, whether or not they have any sponsors. To further generate school spirit, parents are encouraged to join us for the walk!
Instructions to students and parents:
- Students are being asked to collect sponsorships (payment) prior to the Walkathon.
- The School District will issue tax receipts for sponsorship amounts of $20 or more (if requested). For accuracy and to receive an immediate tax receipt, it is highly recommended to use School Cash Online for sponsorship donations of $20 or more. Sponsorship donations made through School Cash Online are open to all members of the public and do not require registration.
- All cheques should be made payable to “Gilmore Community School”.
- All Sponsor Envelopes must be returned to the school between October 12th and 17th (even if they are empty). Please ensure that all sponsorships are recorded on the Sponsor Envelope (including those made using School Cash Online).
- This event will take place rain or shine, so please make sure your child is dressed appropriately.
- Please provide a water bottle for your child.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear their Grizzly Gear or blue/grey/white clothing.
- Students will receive a ballot in the Prize Draw for every $20 raised (stay tuned to hear about the great prizes this year!)
- The class that has raised the most money in each division (primary and intermediate) will win a celebration pizza party.
- The fundraising progress of each class will be displayed on the “Walkathon Wall” outside the library.
Thank you in advance for your support.