As part of our regular emergency preparedness, we will be holding emergency drills this week.
- Monday, May 8: Fire alarm
- Tuesday, May 9: Earthquake drill
- Wednesday, May 10: Shelter in place
- Thursday, May 11: Hold & Secure
- Friday, May 12: Lockdown
To ensure that all of our students learn positively from these experiences, our teachers will be teaching about each of the drills.
Please feel free to take the opportunity to talk with your child about these upcoming emergency drills to help prepare them. Thank you for your support.
The Burnaby School District will be hosting a Parent Information session on Tuesday, May 8 at 6:30 pm.
CLICK HERE for more information.
Parent Information Session
Parents and guardians in the Burnaby School District are invited to join us for Being Prepared: School Safety During Critical Incidents to learn about:
- what would initiate a lockdown, hold and secure, shelter in place or evacuation in a school
- what communication looks like during an emergency
- how use of social media and cell phones during a critical incident can impact safety
- how district-level and school leadership work together with local law enforcement to protect students and staff
- how we train for multiple scenarios and prepare for emergencies
Register to Attend
Presented by the District’s Safe and Caring Schools Team, the information session will be held on May 8 from 6:30 – 8pm. The session will be held via Zoom.